Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stars

Stars
By Amber C. Rhodes
Nash. Tn
6/04/05
I close my eyes and dream of where you are.
I know your out there dreaming under the same stars.
I pray God sends you a sign from above,
That shows you I am that someone, you should love.
Your life is crazy right now, I understand,
it’s hard being a traveling man.
you say it just isn’t the right time,
I’ll pretend it doesn’t bother me, Even though I’m lying.
So I’ll be patient,
hoping someday you’ll be only mine.

I’ll love you from a far,
Holding on to our shooting star,
I’ll blow kisses to the moon, and pray God makes you mine soon.
I’ve loved and lost before, and this is nothing new
But nothing compares to the way I feel for you.
Tonight when I crawl into bed and hold my pillow tight,
I’ll be wishing it was you here loving me all night.

I face the lonely mornings with a smile on my face,
Praying you’ll soon realize no one can love you like I do.
I tell you I won’t wait forever, but we both know that’s not true,
Cause I would give the world just to be with you.
You tell me you love me too, and we’ll talk all night on the phone,
But right now there’s nothing you can do, your just not sure if you can be true.

So I keep holding on,

loving you from a far,
Holding on to our shooting star,
I’ll blow kisses to the moon, and pray God makes you mine soon.
I’ve loved and lost before, and this is nothing new
But nothing compares to what I see when I look at you
Tonight when I crawl into bed and hold my pillow tight,
I’ll be wishing it was you here loving me tonight.

I’ll lay my head in this big empty bed,
And another day will have passed,
I keep telling myself soon, soon, but soon never comes
I am not sure how much longer I can wait.
I’ll say my prayers again tonight, and hope Gods listening,
Cause baby, my hearts breaking, and it’s you I’m missing.

I have loved you from afar,
I have wished on every star,
But you still can’t make up your mind,
And baby I am sick of your lying
Your life is to busy for me, that’s fine.
But your letting a good thing go,
Cause I can’t hold on anymore.
I have waited for you as long as I can,
Even the stars aren’t looking as bright,
So it’s time I find someone else to love me tonight.

I’ll blow one more kiss to the moon,
And I hope you’ll realize soon,
That the girl you were looking for,
Just got up and walked out your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.