Saturday, January 24, 2009

Queen

Queen
By Amber C. Rhodes
10/08/08
Nash. Tn

I just wanna thank you mom for all you’ve done.
I know at times you wanted to just give up and give in,
but thank God for me you never did.
You always showed me that the answers to life’s mysteries
Were found on your knees.
In this rat race we live in everyday
I know I can count on you to put me in my place.
When my heads in the clouds and my feet have left the ground
You remind me where I came from.

Oh momma, sweet momma, I love you I do,
You always gave me love when I needed you too,
And a firm hand when I was bad.
You tried so hard to be both mom and dad.
I know it wasn’t easy raising a kid like me,
And hard times seemed to be the only thing that came free,
But I want you to know,
You’re my sun when it rains and my rock when my knee’s are weak
Momma sweet momma, you’ll always be queen to me.

Now that I am grown and have babies of my own
I pray I give them half as much as you gave me.
Although I could never repay you for all the debts you paid,
I hope like hell your proud when you look my way.
I know it was hard on you, having to do it alone,
But you always pull through,
In everything you do.
I never met anyone as strong as you.

Momma, precious momma, I love you I do,
You always gave me love when I needed you too,
And a firm hand when I was bad.
You tried so hard to be both mom and dad.
I know it wasn’t easy raising a kid like me,
And hard times seemed to be the only thing that came free,
But I want you to know,
You’re my sun when it rains and my rock when my knee’s are weak
Momma sweet momma, you’ll always be queen to me.

I know you tried to give us a life that you didn’t have,
And at times money was tight,
And I would listen to you cry at night,
But momma we were richer then you knew,
Cause momma we had you.

Oh momma sweet momma, I love you so true
You’re the queen of my heart,
The sparkle in my kids eyes,
All the diamonds and pearls in this world could never compare to the love you gave us momma
I thank the good Lord he gave you to me,
Cause no one momma, no one compares to you.

You’ll always be queen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.