Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dreaming of Tennessee

Dreaming of Tennessee
By Amber C. Rhodes
Nash. Tn
09/08/04

I’ve been working this dead end job for going on four years now.
I’ve realized it’s time to hit the door.
There’s got be more than this 9 to 5.
To little pay for way to many hours,
There’s just got to be a better way,
Then this never ending day to day.
At night it all goes away when I start dreaming of Tennessee.

Dreaming of Tennessee and all those neon signs,
The sites and big beautiful blue skies,
I’m not looking for fortune and fame,
Just somewhere I can sing.

I don’t have anyone to call my own, no children, no home,
Those will all come in good time,
But for right now it’s just me and this open road,
Where the possibilities are endless,
And reaching for the stars is still something I can see,
Because I am dreaming about Tennessee

Dreaming of Tennessee and all those neon signs,
The sites and big beautiful blue skies,
I’m not looking for fortune and fame,
Just somewhere I can sing.

I’ve got what I can fit in my trunk, guitar, and this last pack of smokes,
I’m tossing my apron out the window,
And throwing caution to the wind,
I’m Southern bound to share my song,

Dreaming of Tennessee and all those neon signs,
The sites and big beautiful blue skies,
I’m not looking for fortune and fame,
Just somewhere I can sing.

I’m ready to take it on
Give me Tennessee and Old Smokey
I wanna bleed Orange,
Bright lights, blue skies, and the sparkle in all the new hopefuls eyes.

Dreaming of Tennessee,
Dreaming of Tennessee,
I’m not looking for fortune and fame, just somewhere I can sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.